Out With The Old, In With The New

Out With The Old, In With The New

So 2016 is almost over. I noticed around the web that people really hated this year and it will go down in history as the worst year ever. Bye bye 2016. Please go back to whatever evil place you came from.

Everything in this life has a balance. Yin Yang. There can't just be bad all the time, there has to be good too.

Looking back...


This was the year I finally started my blog after two years.

I got more comfortable driving my car that I waited 9 years to get, because I was too scared to get my license.

I finally stepped on an aeroplane for the very first time. My ears still hurt sometimes, but I know now what it's like to fly above the clouds.

I now have another dog after waiting more than a year. It had to be another Buffy type dog. So I waited and waited. I was surprised when I finally got her, because I thought I had to wait until next year.

This year Buffy and I started to communicate better, because I learnt all about dogs and how to train them.

I'm a naturally nervous person and scared of a lot of things. I suffered from anxiety most of my life. So most things I listed were big milestones for me.

Remembering happy moments and frustrations


Yes it has been frustrating at times to raise a new dog, but there were happy moments in between. Like the first time my puppy ate normal dog food after not wanting to eat or drink anything.

The first time I realised my two dogs actually like each other after it seemed that Fluffy was just annoying Buffy. First time she fell asleep on my lap and also realising that I have a very smart new dog.

I also discovered I have some anger issues that I need to deal with asap lol. I didn't know I could scream so loud. The two of them drive me insane sometimes.

It's also frustrating that there's different opinions about how to raise a dog in my house. Other than that I love that my dogs always want to be around me.

They come when I call. They listen for the most part. My bestie pointed out that I'm a pack leader now. I like the sound of that.

Never forget the happy moments


I never want to forget the happy moments. Those are the ones we look back on that make us laugh and smile.

What happy moments do you remember from this year? Your achievements. The things that made you laugh and smile. However big or small they are don't let the bad overshadow the good.

New years resolutions


Most people already made their new years resolutions by now. We all know by middle January when life gets in the way those resolutions will be a distant memory.

I decided not to make any resolutions. Whats the point? I've always been a whatever happens, happens type of person. If you ever stuck to a new year's resolution, good for you.

Changing habits is a process. It takes time. Like a set of steps that you have to climb. A new year shouldn't be a reason to rush to the top.

Start with something small and achievable. Maybe, just maybe it will snowball and before you know it you've reached your goal.

Out with the old, in with the new quote

Try new things


The main thing is to just start. Or try. People change, goals change. Last year this time I never would have imagined writing a blog or interacting on social media. That was not me.

I hate attention and I never wanted everyone to know what's going on in my head. But there was something inside me that wanted to share my stories. A part of me that thought someone might benefit from them.

I'm not even sure if anyone has. I was brave enough to try. All we can do is try. It's better than doing nothing. So I tried something and I loved it.

There's a lot of things to try doing in this life. Maybe make a list of things you want to try. Even if it's only once. If you don't like it, move on to the next thing.

That's the only way you will find out what you like. There's no committing, no promises, no high expectations. There's many different ways to do something, find out what works best for you.

Final words


So before I go waayyyy off topic. I hope you can look back at 2016 and find the moments that made you happy. I wish 2017 will be full of new opportunities for you to explore and may there be an abundance of happy moments.

Nothing will ever stay the same. Life changes constantly. All we can do is hold on to the good memories and try to let the bad ones go.

Thank you all my blog followers for supporting me. I appreciate it more than you know. Some of you have become friends because we are like minded.

I'm happy that 2016 gave me the chance to meet all of you. Happy new year everyone!!! See you all in 2017 :-)

Until next time
Goodbye

14 comments:

  1. Thank you and Happy New Year to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Happy new year Paul! Hope you have an awesome 2017 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like best handwriting in a new notebook, new year is a chance for a fresh start and although most fail some don't. It's the attempt at change that counts. 2016 wasn't all bad I found. I hope that 2017 is going to be a great year for all. Hope your year builds on everything you've achieved so far. Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Captain Kirk. Yes I see what you mean about best handwriting. That's a perfect way to describe the new year's resolutions. Later on writing pretty seems like too much effort. Especially if not rewarded and if no one notices your effort. Like most goals in life. Happy new year to you too Captain :-)

      Delete
  4. Yep 2016 is by far the worst year but a new year has come *fingers crossed* hope it's a great year for all of us. I like what you said about "trying", all we can really do is try everything to know what comes after. Anyway, I'm here to wish you a happy New Year and I wish you a prosperous life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joana. I read your reply to me on your blog. I'm also glad I met a blogger like you. Yes *fingers crossed* for 2017. Happy new year to you too :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Renza! Happy New Year! I think 2017 will be great. Life is what you make it. It sounds like you had a good 2016 to me. You learned and you grew. Like you said, it's a process. I'm excited to see how the pup's relationship grows over the next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Happy new year to you too! The puppy and Buffy get along great but they play a bit rough. She already hurt her leg. It's like watching a wrestling match of two Tasmanian devils from looney toons when they play. I let them play unsupervised, but now I think I need to supervise until she's a bit bigger.

      Delete
    2. I was going to type the same thing - life is what you make it :)

      I had a great 2016 although a lot of people feel like it was a bad year. Hoping for things to progress like this in 2017 as well.

      Hope it's not too late to wish you a Happy New Year, Lorenza!

      /Adam - The Doggy Institute

      Delete
    3. Hi Adam. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Happy new year to you too! I found your website but no place to follow you. I loved you puppy training article. There's a lot on there I want to still read. I'll bookmark it for now. Thanks again :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year to you, Lorenza. Congratulations on all you've achieved in 2016. Wish you all the best for the coming year. Smiles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you so very much. Wishing you all the best for 2017 too :-)

      Delete
  7. 2016 was a challenge, yes. But we must persist. There is no-one who can do it but ourselves in the spirit that life will return to its uphill climb to a mountain to see life in all its splendor. Uphill is a necessity to be rewarded for. If you can't make hot up the hill, you won't be rewarded. So remember that all is a test and separately we are ultimately in charge of what happens to us. with that being said, life can happen to us or for us. your choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Brent. The only way to grow is to endure hardships. But the trick is to not hold on to the pain and not to let it consume you. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it :-)

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for reading our blog. We appreciate all your comments. I'll moderate first, but always reply back. Please share and don't forget to follow us for new blog posts updates. Thank you from Buff, Fluff and Renza :-) ♥♥♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Buff, Fluff & Renza Here!!! ♥